Wednesday, July 06, 2016

The world´s greatest artists : John Byrne

And there is no rest for the wicked as we go directly into the post with John Byrne´s Marvel work. It almost hurts to see all this great covers and think of what has become of this once great company under Disney. But let us not dwell of that and remember the greatness of John Byrne.


Since I am a bit tired I will add all the pictures and stuff I have already prepared but I have to do the rest - add the videos and finish the post - later. So this post may be put back in the draft folder after you have read it but don´t worry it will be back again as soon as I have had some sleep.


Okay, so the next covers are not from Marvel comics but I wanted to include them without having to start a new post. There will be more John Byrne posts since there a still a few of his books on my reading list.


As you might have noticed the post has not disappeared because I was working so long on the Jamie Lee Curtis GIF - among other things - that it´s much too late to go to sleep now. Maybe I´ll do that Tomorrow. We start the birthday with Kevin Hart who turns 37 and he is in every movie that comes out this year. Really. I have just watched the new STAR WARS movie that came out and the black guy in it ? That´s Kevin Hart with some make up. The same with the Black Panther. Anyway, since he´s in so many movies I can´t list them all but I want to mention two. The first one is Ride Along 2 - to which we will come in a moment - and Scary Movie 3. Now I have looked on every internet resources there is but can anyone tell me the name of the body double for Anna Faris in Scary Movie 3 ? She is not mentioned anywhere and I think she really deserves more credit !


Now the reason why I mentioned Ride Along 2 is that 50 Cent is on the soundtrack of the movie and he celebrates his 41st birthday Today. Even though I don´t have any of his albums I am a big fan of his work and his music videos even if they were only shown after midnight. I don´t watch much music television now but when I did it on a regular basis I waited for his videos with the hot Olivia and especially P.I.M.P. in the uncut version. I have mentioned a few times that hasians are my kryptonite and the oriental sexbomb with the big double airbags is right up my alley.


Now watching this reaction made me really feel old because it seems there is a generation that doesn´t know who 50 Cent is. How can they live without the videos to Candy Shop, the ass - shaking extravaganza Disco Inferno or the uncut P. I. M. P. ? Wait, does that mean less competition for my asian sex angel ? By the way I also don´t know her name but I know it´s nat Francine Dee like some internet sources claim. Francine Dee IS in the P. I. M. P. video but this is somebody else. As far as I know her name may be Angel Maya but so far I could not confirm it.



Speaking about busty dreams Geoffrey Rush turns 65 who was not only in The King´s Speech, Pirates Of The Caribbean and played super villain Casanova Frankenstein on Mystery Men he was also in The Tailor of Panama where Pierce Brosnan got to feel up mega MILF Jamie Lee Curtis.


Now Jamie Lee Curtis is the daughter of actress Janet Leigh best known as the lead role in Psycho she also would have celebrated a birthday Today.


Just if you´re wondering where Jamie got her good looks. By the way, she played Princess Aleta in the 1954 Prince Valiant movie with Robert Wagner.


But coming back to Geoffrey Rush he was also on Frida with Salma Hayek who .... no, she doesn´t have her birthday Today but it is Frida Kahlo´s anniversary. I haven´t seen the movie yet because despite the prospect of seeing Salma naked there is too much drama in the movie for my taste. At the moment my quota of " all evil in the world comes from men and that is why we women have to suffer " movies for the month is full.


Now I don´t have a video about Frida but when I was looking for Gina Lollobrigida videos Yesterday I cam across this version of The Hunchback Of Notre Dame from 1997 in which Salma plays the part of Esmeralda.



Speaking about erotic dancers Sylvester Stallone turns 70 this very day and besides the successful movie series of Rocky and Rambo he also starred in other movies like Tango & Cash where Teri Hatcher played erotic dancer Kiki. I would say stripper but a striptease implies taking off more clothes. By the way if you name your daughter Kiki you have already predestined her for a life on the pole. Aynway, I mentioned this movie because I thought I had a video with Teri Hatcher I hadn´t posted yet.


Which I don´t. Sorry. What I do have is this Rambo parody by Weird Al Yankovic from the movie U. H. F. - I think - and they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. And nobody does it better than Weird Al.



On a much more comic related note is Burt Ward´s 71st birthday and I probably don´t have to mention that he played Robin on the campy 70s Batman tv show. Which was actually pretty close to the comics at that time because Denny O´Neil and Neal Adams back to the roots approach with the grim and gritty Dark Night Detective came afterwards. So far I haven´t seen much of the tv series because the DVD sets are always too expensive but maybe I can get them at some sale. And if it´s only to check out Batgirl Yvonne Craig. No wonder they couldn´t get a Batgirl in the comics fast enough after feasting their peepers on Yvonne´s curves.


Ned Beatty turns 79 and like John Byrne he worked on Superman AND Captain America. Yep, the infamous Captain America movie with Matt Salinger. But the video I selected is about the movie Deliverance.



Today´s music video doesn´t have anything to do with the topic of the post but I just wanted to put it on the blog as soon as possible. I don´t know what our last celebrity birthday, the 14th Dalai Lama with his 81 years thinks of Janet Jackson´s appearance on Jermaine Dupri´s music video Gotta Getcha thinks but she just gets my spirits rising again.


So just when I think I have said everything there is to say about this - I even put down my ideas how to incorporate this scene in my Justice League America movie in my JLA casting Redux post - I found this video with a making of. I have to say I´m not sure how I feel about the fact that originally Janet was supposed to play a nymphomanic dominatrix but they skipped that because it would hit too close to home. Say what ? So Janet is a nymphomanic dominatrix in the privacy of her own bedroom ? Man, how could Jermain Dupri ever loose a blow up sex doll like Janet ?



New to the blog ? Everything you need to know about TALES FROM THE KRYPTONIAN : top ten posts / more posts of interest / best of the best

No comments: