Monday, August 28, 2017

Comics Master Monday with Jack Kirby !

I still haven´t worked through my backlog of unfinished posts but after re - writing my last post three times to eliminate most of the inappropriate stuff about Yaya Han I wanted to work on something new. And since Today is Jack Kirby´s 100th anniversary I decided to pay homage to the King.


As longtime readers know Jack Kirby has been popping up in a lot of posts on this blog, from my feature post on Big Barda ( which I mentioned two posts ago in my TEAM  - UP THURSDAY WITH JOHN ROMITA JR. ) to my special THORSDAY posts about issues 171 ( part 1 / part 2 ) and 173 ( part 1 / part 2 ) where I found the german black and white pages of the issues from Williams and a THORSDAY post on Vince Coletta´s birthday with a special focus on the horrible re -  coloring of Disney´s re - issuing of TALES OF ASGARD in an omnibus edition that obstructs almost all of Kirby´s art. 


Last year I did a feature on Jack Kirby´s CAPTAIN VICTORY series but this year I could not settle on one specific series so I decided to take a page out of our friend Old Groove over at DIVERSIONS OF THE GROOVY KIND and do an overview of all his different works. Although as regular readers of this blog know I like to put my own spin on things so my selection is not only highly subjective - including favorite series as well as favorite images - I also tried to include a lot of original art pages for your enjoyment.


Now I have gotten some comments about the lack of links in some posts which has two reasons. If it´s somebody about which I have already done a lot of posts - like Jack Kirby in this instance - then I simply run out of links. If I don´t save some for a certain post I hope to do in the future.

And lately I have been too busy trying to continue with the blog to check out other blogs so there are only those links added to my list upon which I come during my research for these post. I hope my readers can give me some leeway here. Today we have only one missed comic related post, the great Mike Kaluta. I did a post on him last year and I don´t have the time - or the pictures - to do a post worthy of him. Maybe I can do one later.


Charisma Carpenter just keeps popping up in these posts. She was in the aforementioned John Romita Jr birthday post and I also mentioned her in my last post in regards to Steve Guttenberg´s birthday since they were both on Veronica Mars. I later decided to cut it - along with a lot of NSFW stuff about Yaya Han - because I didn´t want to put her in every post. I know that every post is potentially somebody´s first but I don´t want to bore those readers that read more than one post. But since it has been one post and eleven days since that I think it´s okay to bring her up again.


Yesterday Aaron Paul turned 38 best known as Heisenberg´s sidekick from Breaking Bad which is really as fantastic as everybody tells you. Now before his big break Aaron Paul starred in Veronica Mars alongside cult tv sexbomb Charisma Carpenter who is best known as Cordelia Chase on Buffy and the spin off Angel which Today´s kids may not know so they missed a lot of scorching bikini scenes with Charisma´s big 34D boobs.


One of these days I´ll have to get the first season of Veronica Mars to find out how it all started since I came in at the tailend of that season - as usual. Besides Veronica Mars Charisma Carpenter was also in episode 11 of season 5 of Burn Notice where she showed she still can deliver the goods.


In Germany only the first three seasons of Burn Notice have come out on DVD and right now I´m halfway through season 2. I´m not sure if I should wait any longer to see if they will do the rest someday or just get them through imports. Now that I´m invested I want to know how it plays out and there is even a spin off with Bruce Campbell´s character Sam. In any case Charisma´s funbags alone are worth the price of admission . Daimn!



We also had Barbara Bach ´s 70th birthday, who was a Bond girl in The Spy Who Loved Me. I made this GIF myself which took me at least an hour but I wanted to include one where you can see her face not just her boobs.


Which must be quite distracting because she constantly gets mixed up with Catherine Bach best known for playing Daisy Duke on The Dukes of Hazard ( and also for inventing the cut off jeans of the same name ).


Barbara´s most famous scene is from Up The Academy, in fact her part in it is probably the only reason the movie is still shown on tv. I didn´t say that she´s best known for it because it seems people were again not looking at Barbara´s face because it is often credited to Kelly McGillis.


Today´s birthdays start with Kelly Overton who turns 39 and is famous for showing off her butt cleavage in Tekken. I have also included two new GIFs so you can see her face and fully appreciate her dancing skills. If you take the correlation between the way a woman dances and how she is in the bedroom into consideration Kelly must be a real sex freak in the bed.


Another throwback - although only to the John Romita Jr post - is Jason Priestley who is turning 48 and who is off course best known for playing Brandon Walsh on cult tv show Beverly Hill 90210 and how troubling is it that I know that off the top of my hat ? We know he also banged co star Tori Spelling´s brains out but who can blame him if she showed off her stripper moves dancing in a hooker outfit which - as baffling as it may sound - I mentioned in a birthday post about Tiffani Amber Thiessen.


If you can call her wild fertility inducing movements dancing. She really was just shaking her big boobs in the general direction of the camera. But that she did very effectively. I never was a big Tori Spelling fan but in that scene she really squeezed her DD breast into a tight leather top and just pushed them straight in your face. Now that´s what I call entertainment.


I started watching Beverly Hills 90210 on the basis of Tori´s growing boobs which was a product of her Dad´s financed surgery and Tiffany Amber Thiessen ´s exploding chest which was a product of mother nature. It helped a lot that Tiffany was often in bikinis or leather hooker outfits.


Speaking about hookers, besides appearing on Beverly Hills 90210 Tiffani also was on Saved by the Bell with Elizabeth Berkley who revealed her real stripper nature in Showgirls. The movie was called a flop when it first come out but in the meantime it has become a cult classic mainly based on Elizabeth´s stripper moves which left me no other chance than cast her as one of my alternate choices for the Nympho Supergirl from Earth XXX in my second alternatives post for casting the Justice League movie .


But double jointed Elizabeth not only licks the chrome off your steelhard pole she has the all important " pumping pelvic thrust " move down to pat.


I bet that comes in handy with that portable casting couch she allegedly has and I would not mind being at the receiving end of that a few hours.


Okay, coming back to Jason Priestley after this ultimate sex goddess trifecta he also appeared in an episode of The Highwayman and did the voices of Jack McCyber in Biker Mice From Mars and Legion member Reed Daggle also known as Chameleon Boy in Superman The Animated Series.

Speaking of science fiction series, Amanda Tapping celebates her 52nd birthday and she´s best known as Samantha Carter on Stargate. I wonder if Roland Emmerich had any idea how successful this franchise would be when he made the first movie all these decades ago. During the course of the series Amanda did a pretty good job of hiding the centerfold body every sci fi fan would love to be tapping I would say. Hellooo, nurse !


Speaking of centerfold bodies, country megastar Shania Twain also turns 52 and her best video is without a doubt Man, I Feel Like A Woman because you know you got a hot video on your hands when Mtv feels the need to censor it. Originally I wanted to make my own GIF but thankfully I found the one below although I have no idea from which live performance it is. Maybe one of my readers can help me out in the comment section.


I always found her song That Don´t Impress Me Much very hypocritical because first she lists all these things that according to her are not the way to impress her like good looks, a fancy car, money or a job with a certain social status and then she went and married her producer who probably had all of the above. Plus he could help her in her musical career. Which teaches us that if women say that certain things don´t impress them they mean these things alone. BUT if you have these things coupled with something they can profit from it´s a whole new ball game amigo.



Daimn, when I see Brooklin in the preview picture I´m more convinced then ever that she needs to marry me. To quote my favorite Sledge Hammer episode : " She will be a wife AND a mistress. " I have made no GIFs for the video but you can look forward to others where Brooklin´s parts are not for the faint of heart and get a grip - she is already 19 !


You can always rely on NerdSync to make topnotch videos for the important comic anniversaries that distill such things like the hidden genius of Jack Kirby to school comic book newbies and afficionados alike.



This has nothing to do with Jack Kirby but it is the coolest thing I have seen recently so I wanted to post it as soon as possible. I have no idea if this was just produced for a promotion or if there is an actual upcoming movie but I love it. And for those who don´t know Ninjak or the Valiant universe google it. I have written about their books a few times ( and hope to do a few times more once I am caught up on Archer & Armstrong ) and they are currently publishing some of the best comics out there.



We are closing out the post with some old school cartoons of Captain America that adapts a few Avengers stories - because the Avengers didn´t have their own cartoon show. So they kept popping up in Hulk and other shows. I love that the Swordsman immediately decides that the Scarlett Witch is too hot to get killed. And yes, her name was Wand Maximoff back then before some guy at Disney decided in a harebrain attempt to sever her ties to mutants and that Magneto was not her real father. Don´t let them con you, Magneto is her Daddy ! Guess what, Swordsman. Captain America is too savy to fall for the old booby trap ( that one gets me every time - as you have no doubt guessed from the entertainment block ).



New to the blog ? Everything you need to know about TALES FROM THE KRYPTONIAN : top ten posts / more posts of interest / best of the best


Gone ! Gone ! - - the form of man - - Rise, the Demon Etrigan !

No comments: